Consular Legalization
2019-03-02 20:20

If the documents issued in Iceland are to be used in China, they need to be legalized by the Chinese Embassy in Iceland. Types of documents include: birth/death certificates, power of attorney, marriage certificates, diplomas, adoption application papers, business license, etc.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Documents should be firstly notarized by a Notary Public of Iceland ( ).

2. Legalized by the Icelandic Ministry for Foreign Affairs( ).

3. To be legalized by the Chinese Embassy.

You may apply in person or entrust someone else to apply for legalization at the Chinese Embassy. Documents you need to prepare for the legalization include:

1. A completed Legalization Application Form;

2. Notarized and legalized document, both original and a photocopy;

3. Your valid passport or ID card, both original and a photocopy;

4. If you have entrusted someone else to apply for legalization on your behalf, the entrustee must provide his or her valid passport or ID card, both original and a photocopy, as well as a photocopy of your passport or ID card;

5. Business license legalization requires a photocopy of the passport of the company's legal representative and a document which proves his or her legal status as the company's legal  representative.

Special Reminder:

1. Document containing two or more pages must be properly bound, i.e. stapled and stamped or sealed properly by Notary Public or Ministry for Foreign Affairs.

2. The Chinese Embassy is only responsible for the authenticity of the signature of the officer and the stamp of the Icelandic Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The document issuing party should be responsible for the contents of the document.

3. Due to safety reasons, the Embassy do not accept postal applications.

All rights of explanation of the above contents are reserved to the Chinese Embassy.